Saturday, March 18, 2017

saturday, just another movie day

 denim cutoffs, levis. tank, never been kissed (via robinson's department store). boots, zalora. braided headband, diy.

 ....defaulted to something comfortable today. 

source: google images

Yesterday was Beauty and the Beast in the Lim Ket Kai Center/Mall cinemas, today was 10 Cloverfield Lane on HBO. ....basically my version of 'netflix and chill' on a pretty glorious, really sunny and hot weekend.
I feel like I missed something...perhaps the memo on how high the level of creepiness this film emanates when one watches it even on a sunlit, pretty pleasant living room (thank you, windows and some dreamy curtains here and there!). Yes, 10 Cloverfield Lane is THAT creepy, as in the two male characters of three (including the one lone and lead female) are suspect...talking and looking into their background/s and all. The bunker scenes and even the out of the bunker and into the field scene/s towards the end are all kinds of...cool and creepy...sort of hybrid. I don't think I've seen anything of this sort. I wouldn't even say Aliens has a similar vibe to this, towards the end where we see Clovie's little minions, yes, but I don't know how to explain this. I'm at a loss for words. The film, from start to finish, is just really a mix of cool and creepy. Needless to say, I like it as much as I do the main film of the franchise, Cloverfield. Now, I can't wait for God Particle to come out in the cinemas later this year. Like, I will definitely jump the wagon on this one should this hit cinemas here. 
Hmn...seems I've been watching films much these days. But honestly, it's just a select number of films as even with this, I'm pretty picky. Really picky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment