Sunday, February 19, 2017

alexander wang f/w 2017

 collage, mine; photos from fashiongonerogue

So, so behind a lot of things runway fashion but it's most probably because I haven't really been checking in with the going-ons of various fashion weeks lately. I'm more intrigued by the way fashion personalities translate runway and other forms of fashion inspiration into the real life anyway. I did watch the Grammy's red carpet and funnily, only Heidi Klum's silver slip-like dress and footwear ensemble got my attention. Other than that, glamorous designer gowns worn to these events aren't really something I'm too interested in. I do love it when someone dons a simple shiny with sleek details and textures to these events though and twerks it up with fun footwear. Also, I don't really see myself checking into the Oscars' red carpet or main event.

But speaking of real life fashion, Alexander Wang is pretty much known for that on runways and out. Given the on-off sun we're having around here, I'd sport any of these and as I am a huge proponent of the tights and dress, skirt and shorts formula. The first snap of the first row especially makes me want to hunt for a basic black tube bodycon dress at the moment to recreate the whole look with a boyfriend blazer. The secondhand grey one I procured from the thrift store years ago might just be the thing to complete my version of this look I am devising in my head. Well...until I can find the perfect tube bodycon then.

No comments:

Post a Comment