Wednesday, December 6, 2017

turn up the static now, weather's getting hotter

silk shirt, vintage. shorts/cut-offs, secondhand lowry's farm. bag, giani bernini via macy's. boots, rubi by cotton on via zalora (similar). bangles, vintage and dumaguete city souvenir shop. long leaf and arrow necklace, f21. 

I meant to go for a black on black outfit today as it was pretty cool and cloudy this morning. When by noon, the sun ended up being at it's highest and clouds were nowhere in sight, I'd succumbed to the more comfortable silk shirt for a lazy take on the classic, crisp white button-up shirt and shorts/jeans/skirt look.


And yay! New headphones from Miniso in the recently opened (just this year...) SM Premier! I can't be a self-respecting audiophile without a good pair of these. Since I listen to a lot of dance (usually, pop) music, good pairs of headphones have become a necessity for me. My older ones from Urbanears had fallen apart just recently so a replacement was direly needed and this being more than half the price of the usual Urbanears (or even Sony's or Phillips' or Bose's or Sennheiser's among others, since I like those, too), is good enough. I'm not entirely sure if these are noise cancelling or the kind with the loud bass but it does give off good quality music from any device I attach it to so I'm good. 349 Php is a good deal for these already. 

I'm usually alright with earphones as I used to use a lot of them growing up but headphones have been my go-to since going from being a fan of alternative (Brit/UK/Euro) rock to pop, deep house, tropical house music. The latter uses a lot of synthesizers and everything electronic so nothing beats headphones when listening to those in my downtime and when while in commute for some other.

Speaking of music, today's is:
I, once upon a time, put this on eternal repeat on itunes and on youtube. It's that addicting for something made just from the computer, the early days of Magic Man (circa first album). This duo somehow never fails to get me hooked onto a lot of the music they release. The second album might have been better with the rock vibe in it but I think the first album, Real Life Color, is more them, more Magic Man because, well, electro indie pop is their signature sound. 

On other things: I'm currently following TVN's second season of Nest Escape. The kids are in Poland plus they have Produce 101 season 2's Kim Samuel as well as the child actress from Okja, a south korean film I've been meaning to watch. I'm no Samuel fan but I'm curious as to how he would get along with the other kids he's with and how he could be of help to them considering he's the most westernized (born in LA, California). Seeing his mum interact with him and the other parents on the show is also pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment