Friday, December 15, 2017

it's cold thanks to the storm but i'm missing the sun and heat by a lot

shirt, dkny jeans. shorts/cutoffs, secondhand lowry's farm. heels, zalora (similar). over the knee/knee high socks, marshall's (i think? i forgot already...haha.). bag, giani bernini via macy's.

It was near impossible to get a good photo of this outfit thanks to the sun's glare despite it being a cloudy, cold day earlier today, around 5 or so near-sundown. Anyway...yes. Finally. This long sleeved shirt in black has been brought out for the sort of cold day we had today. It's been like this for a couple of days now thanks to a tropical depression upon us, local name: Urduha. I know, what kind of name is that? But that's what our local meteorologists here name the storms coming by and going, nullifying their international names anyway. Also, it's a system of tracking how many storms come by the country so it's pretty useful despite how so, so local and often times tacky the names sound. Days like this, I'm missing the sun. I was hoping this would be a more tropical holiday season but we have a tropical depression slash storm slash typhoon upon us so I now have a good picture of what cold winters everywhere look and feel like sans the lack of snow in this side of the world.

Ah...the holidays. I still want to spend this one in Camiguin Island this time, preferably Mantigue Island. A tropical holiday out or some other, is in order. I really can't survive in the cold too long. I get antsy and start craving for the sun, sand and surf...err...sea. Well...hmn... It's still going to be cold in the said island I named but anything is better than being stuck here...in the dismal cold and on and off rains. 

Today's music is:
I've been stuck on this track for a long time now and I still am. I love the play of words in the lyrics and how it's a mix of the kansai-ben and the kanto-ben in there. Dreams Come True is an awesome jpop band and well, Da-iCE is just as awesome for covering this classic.

Earlier today, I was discussing with friends on social media (twitter, friends = fellow fangirls) how BTS' (a kpop boygroup) fans are attacking Arashi and their fandom in light of said group making a debut on a music show in Japan. Being a primarily jpop fan as I was never a kpop fan to begin with---I only became one for Highlight [formerly known as Beast] and occasionally, Infinite---I find it funny how they have the gall/guts to do that. On social media, twitter in particular, no less. Everyone in the jpop fandom know Johnny's and Associates' lot. To me, as a non-J&A acts' fan (I've established myself eons ago as an Avex JP fangirl, since becoming an on/off AAA fangirl), J&A is notorious for banning those they perceive as threats to their own acts on Music Station, a regular music show on Japanese TV, and Kohaku Uta Gassen, an annual music concert also televised. Other than that, J&A has monopoly of the Oricon charts too when it comes to their groups releasing music. Anyway, knowing this and still being into jpop, I learned to ignore petty fan wars such as the ones started by the BTS fans against Arashi and their massive fandom. I also learned to ignore the pettiness of the participating Japanese entertainment companies on their TV (music shows) and others. I don't even care much for the Oricon charts. I've been boycotting Kohaku Uta Gassen when pretty much a lot of international jpop fangirls watch it on live stream yearly. And I certainly don't follow Music Station. All I really care about is whether ANation and Swish gets more following or what. Those two, especially Anation, are the ones that matter to the Avex JP fandom. 

As for kpop...I just cannot really get into how messy the fandom there is while fans of jpop, like me, learned to cope with how J&A monopolizes basically everything where that kind of music and entertainment is concerned in Japan. Fanwars are...well...pretty lame and I'm beyond that already. I just enjoy whatever music I enjoy and whichever artist it'd be that's providing it. To the jpop/pop music in general otaku (jp for enthusiast or fanatic) like me, what matters more is music and the artists are, well, just there to provide it for me/us. Anyway, I think the ones starting the fanwars are new to the kpop fandom...or if they're not, well, they just suck as a person/fan and are quite used to being an embarrassment to their fandom, the idols/artists they "support". Fangirl/fanboy ethics here somehow need to reviewed and set or something like it. Yeah...I don't know either.

And...it's t minus 4 days to the Christmas party at home with people, not necessarily family. It's a company party. Socializing isn't really my thing...I dread it rather than look forward to it. Hello, social/general anxiety...by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment