Tuesday, November 15, 2016

socks and electric blue pumps experiment

 secondhand t dress and curdoroy jacket; Zalora heels; ninewest bag; forever21 long leaf necklace, hawk ring and etched bangles; souvenir shop bangles; vintage bangle; Smashbox (in Ayala Centrio) choker; aizilim rings; random stockings/socks

The inspiration for the socks experiment with pumps is from the second issue for this year's Vivi. I don't think I succeeded in this one, however, as the socks are looking more and more to me as calf-length stockings. I should probably look into hunting down some legit really soft, sort of thin socks in grey, black, brown or navy to make this work. I imagine scrunching the top part of calf-length socks of this sort to make this look much better than...this result.

I'm not really a huge fan of pumps nor do I use those often and might have had around one or two pairs in this lifetime---one used for school way back when, another for some sundays out. This one just struck out to me in Zalora, while browsing around their sales or their outlet for something to brighten up an otherwise dull get-up. Something that isn't really a bag or a purse for another way to do the pop of color in an everyday casual outfit for whatever with. I bought these one size larger than my original size (I'm a US 7 to 7.5 originally) as they were the pointed tip kind. And I've had nightmarish experiences with that kind after purchasing them in my original size. Nope. Never again. Either way, I'm only using this pair occasionally. Pumps are pretty boring to me outside of maybe airport wear and some semi-formal to formal wear which is why experimenting with wearing them with socks was a welcome distraction. 

The t dress is something I've had since forever. A lucky thrift find that's easy to grab and wear when I'm feeling lazy (which is, no surprise, almost all the time). Mum might have been right in saying this one as resembling comfortable regular sleeping wear sometime in the past when I wore this in a different way to a family and friends dinner. The remark never stopped me from reaching for this when I want to get dressed fast to go out however. This has been what started my penchant for t-dresses. I continue to amass those until now for easy grabbing and wearing...and going out. There are already a few from the Zalora brand, F101 I'm itching to get but don't have the funds to, yet. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment