Wednesday, February 7, 2018

red for the month of hearts

top, mixed berry dumaguete city. skirt, vintage/thrifted. boots, something borrowed via zalora ph. bag, giani bernini via macy's.

A lot of red is coming out so you could say I'm in the mood for the month of hearts. February 14 is Valentines' day. The irony is, I don't really care for that much commercialized day although I like the idea of the Japanese and South Korean females giving their fellow female and male friends and significant others chocolates on that said day. Valentines' day is only really fun for me when I read about it in manga (Japanese comics) and watch it on high school-themed jdramas and animes. Otherwise, it's really just a normal day for me.

What do you have planned for this month of hearts? I have a ton. 1: Pyeongchang Winter Olympics is here and everyone's arriving at the Olympics' venue and I just saw clip earlier on Twitter that my favorite male figure skater from Japan, Uno Shoma, has just made it to South Korea. Yay! Go Japan for figure skating, males! 2: Highlight's Yang Yoseob is releasing a solo mini album this month...sometime the middle of this month. I. AM. ECSTATIC. Just like your regular music otaku (music geek but I'm really more of a pop music trash especially in the East Asian region so it goes wherever...) and male idol groups otaku...er...fangirl...well, let's just say this excitement is quite normal in my case, especially. 3: it's the Chinese New Year next week, I'm wishing we'd had moon cake or some other at home. We're not really full Chinese, however. Just a very, very small part Chinese. Lastly, 4: Men's volleyball tourney is ongoing on UAAP season 80 as of this time and I'm looking forward to how my school/university's team, Ateneo de Manila men's volleyball team will fare there. I'd like for them to make it to the finals and win it all again this UAAP sporting season. I have a pretty full February 2018 that I'm currently looking forward to I don't really have any need for someone to go on a date with on the 14th. Yang Yoseob will be the stand in for that for me although I'm not much a fan of ballads from him and winter (a lot of his photos for the mini album are winter-themed so I suppose all of it will be about winter...ugh). Doesn't matter, we'll be getting good music from him anyway. And of course, his adorable, rather adorkable self on everywhere. I'm looking forward to how he will fare in the music shows and their accompanying music charts more, to be quite honest. I hope he does well.

Today's music is:
Have I shared this on here yet? No? Was it just the same group's Sea I did so? Right? Okay, then. Golden Child. Golden Child. Golden Child. They're also known as GNCD or my favorite, GolCha/Gol-Cha. I'm currently very much loving every mini album that comes from them. They've just released two since they debuted late last year-ish but those two mini-albums are quite solid and consistent to their own style of easy going tropical/chill deep house-backed pop music bops and really solid, still groovy mid-tempo and ballad tracks. Needless to say, both mini-albums from these very young baby boys (in kpop idol and kpop music fandom, to me, because I'm waaayyy older than these boys/men are...) are worth checking out. Very worth checking out. I was able to read a tweet in passing they had reached the top of the chart/s of Tower Records in Japan and it's, in my opinion, an honor they so deserve for releasing such good pop music. The thing is, about Golden Child, they have yet to debut in Japan. Should they debut there soon this year, I'm sure they'll be quite popular considering their the feel and uber good contents of their first mini-album, Gol-Cha! and second mini-album, Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment