Thursday, September 28, 2017

keeping the heat and humidity away sans the intermittent rains

tank, bench ph (similar). lace shorts, tally weijl. denim vest, old navy. boots, rubi by cotton on via zalora. bag, kohl's.

A white tank or t is default wear when I'm at a loss as to how to style highly detailed bottoms. I'm currently thinking of stocking up on more basics from Bench...sometime soon, I guess.

Here in the Philippines, there are two giant clothing companies that are competing: Penshoppe and Bench. It's easy to spot chains of these two in malls and in small, quaint city centers. They are just everywhere here. When I was younger, say, around late grade school to early high school and with not much knowledge of fashion and styling I used to prefer Penshoppe. I noticed more people I came to know preferred Bench then so I'd go the other way and choose the one people don't pay much attention to which was Penshoppe. There's just so much fun in going the opposite way from what most people go to or for. But having grown older now and at the same time, growing to love basics more than the frivolous non-basics, I've grown to appreciate Bench more. Nowadays, Penshoppe does seem to get more of the notable faces in the fashion industry, however. I saw on instagram in passing last night that they were able to get Kaia Gerber---yes, that Cindy Crawford's daughter---to endorse them. This is when they've had Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner and even Cara Delevigne among a few others as their pretty recent past faces or endorsers. I'm notorious for sticking with brands that aren't overly endorsed by such well-known people so as of the moment, I'm enjoying all the basics that Bench offers. I might be the only one though...I don't know. It doesn't matter. It's more fun this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment