Thursday, September 21, 2017

faux one-piece

slipdress, vintage. top, emoda. wedges, primadonna ph. bag, ninewest.

However way it looks---whether a dreamy, layered one-piece or a two-piece---this is actually a two-piece dress ensemble masquerading as a one piece dress. The slipdress is the favorite palest of yellow vintage piece with lace details. It's established fact that I'm a notorious serial repeater when it comes to wardrobe favorites. The reversible, or it looks like it is that reversible anyway, top is from Emoda (my default favorite Japanese brand for their love of functional basics, this is always integral in me deciding which brands to love or patronize or whatsoever). When both are put together, the result is something fantastically hazy, Lula magazine pages-worthy faux one-piece floaty dress.

Speaking of fashion magazines, it's devastating to find out recently that Nylon (US) magazine is halting production of their monthly printed versions. Nylon US is reportedly going to focus on their digital content from now on. There's always the Japanese and probably even the Singaporean and Korean Nylon but nothing beats Nylon US which I have a good collection of from the local Booksale (secondhand books and magazines, etc.) and from the US airports/magazine stands whenever I find myself there which is really rarely. Now...how am I going to find American indie music, indie and good mainstream film, and miscellaneous but good books suggestions from now on? Nylon used to be my fix for those...apart from fashion news, that is. Also, some weird, really random story, I follow Nylon on twitter, right? The one running the account during the Emmy's was cheering loudly for Big Little Lies early this week...it was imperative I retweeted said BLL cheering tweets as I was as much a Big Little Lies fan as that one was or is.

No comments:

Post a Comment