Sunday, February 10, 2013

2 for 1

(photos by me, Kristel Ann Punu and Julius Canja)

If early yesterday afternoon was a disappointment having had missed the chance to grab a copy of Pasumbingay---an anthology of Sugbu-anon (Cebuano/Bisaya) balaks (literal meaning: poems)---at the Tabuan by the hotel by the Rizal Boulevard, Bethel, today was an early morning traipsing around with a dorm mate around the Freedom Park while the room mate participated in the 5-kilometer run organized by Red Cross, Dumaguete City chapter. Yesterday's failure to secure the copy of the much coveted book with poems in the local language was eclipsed by the fun that followed around the university and the only mall around later toward the Saturday evening. Hmn...this must sound so boring...but then again, I'm basically boring---my life is basically boring in it's utter normality and my self-imposed domesticity on most times of the week. At least it's not the usual dull weekend this time around.

I always found these pair of shorts from the local boutique, Mags, quite funny since acquiring it last year. It's basic, flowy and skirt-like. Does it seriously qualify as 'shorts'? I must've also lost a ton of weight because apparently, the vintage Chanel belt I thrifted years ago could now cinch shorts and stuff pretty well with just enough comfortable tightness around the waist. I never got around to wearing it out until today. Side-eye to someone who said I was too dressed up this early morning. What's wrong with dressing up on random parts of the day? Though I'll never probably be too dressed up on most days.

wearing: photo 1: straw fedora picked up in Vietnam, Target (xhilaration) romper, Nike sneakers, thrifted/vintage bag, most likely faux Rayban wayfarers; photo 2 onwards: secondhand baseball cap, thrifted/vintage backpack, belt and denim shirt, Mags shorts, Forever21 ankle boots, Forever21 stacked bangles, random bracelets   

No comments:

Post a Comment