Tuesday, February 18, 2020

off duty is when all the hardware come out


bag, gifted by an aunt; top, something borrowed via zalora (old); bandage skirt, thrifted forever21; heels, zalora; bangles, a mix of random buys, etched forever21 and souvenir shop finds; socks, burlington; leaves necklace, forever21; multi-colored, beaded choker - aeropostale, gifted by aunt; earrings - random online buy from ig; vest - thrifted/vintage

You know you're slumming it when you get a random f21 item at the thrift store like this gray bandage skirt worn here. I picked this up when, randomly wandering around a row of current favorite thrift store haunts, in search of other bottoms to add to the number of those I have on rotation. I was getting tired of those in the closet and I only ever use about five or so from mondays-fridays and some saturdays and sundays. I rarely thrift nowadays but I might have to do more one day because of, well, stuff.

The vest is an old thing from eons ago, also nabbed from thrifting around the city. I don't exactly remember when. I decided to take this out, thinking it'd go well with the outfit on here. And also because it reminds me of Kate Moss' tiny vest style from around early 2000s? I don't really have a lot of vests actually. I only have this and one in denim, an ancient Old Navy piece. I was on the lookout for a few others back in Dumaguete City but when I'd found a bunch, I thought they were too big for me hence I never got any from those. Also, other than that, I felt I just had to take this one out because yesterday, I stumbled upon a Kate Moss Style instagram account and found her vest game is so on and cool there that well...as a HUMONGOUS fan of Kate Moss' effortless style, I just really had to. Some examples of how she rocks the tiny vests on here:


(photos from vogue via google)

Bantayan Island for next week is tabled for some other time. Sadly. Because none of my closest friends can make it and if I were to go, I'd be on my own and it'd then be the second solo-trip for me after last year, October's Taipei trip for Pentagon's concert.

Slightly off tangent but I'm planning to make a separate music blog and I currently have quite a lot of backlog for it in terms of East Asian (mostly South Korean music or kpop and Japanese music, Jpop) music...what do you think? Should I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment