Monday, January 29, 2018

daisy print

slip dress and blazer, vintage. clutch, diy from a shoulder bag that's a christmas gift. boots, something borrowed via zalora ph


Two things vintage, two things mostly new. It's a balance in dressing up that I quite like. Or probably even love. But, to be honest, I just really feel lazy thus the ribbed slip dress in dark blue with daisy prints came out. It's been hot and sunny today, humid like it usually is here, rain or shine so I've been itching to get into dresses and shorts and/or skirts so this is a welcome thing to wear today. Mostly, around the house.

Speaking of vintage pieces of clothing, I visited thrift shops at the city center (Divisoria) this morning before proceeding to do a bit of grocery shopping at Savemore that's only a few minutes' walk away from there. I found two things I liked: a pair of Levis jeans in medium---clearly boyfriend style and with bits of ripping here and there---at just 100 Php; and a cheery yellow dress that's flower-printed and just so darn cute and thinly cozy, perfect for this humid climate, that's about 50 Php more than the price of the Levis jeans. I did not get to buy either. The latter was still quite expensive for thrift shop prices for me, the former did not look like the perfect boyfriend jeans to me but it does seem to make a good pair for casual trips out, errands and more. I'll probably come back there some other time soon, maybe on the next few Mondays when I'm done with personal errands and the likes for the morning.

Today's music is something uncharacteristic of me:
I'm not really one for female idol jpop music outside of what E-girls from LDH release. I just got into this one from AKB48 and one of their sister groups, Bangkok, Thailand's BNK48 because it kept playing in the background last Saturday, while I was watching MNL48's top 200 girls being cut down to 75 that are to vie for the coveted spots that make up MNL48. While I was looking around the thrift stores and doing the groceries earlier today, this song kept playing in my head I even tried to hum it softly. This is how infectious said song can be...to me anyway. It'll likely be a while before I get unattached and/or less obsessed or fixated with this one. I'm surprised though...I actually am liking BNK48 when I thought the opposite. I'm not too into female idol groups in Japan and everywhere else in Asia like these two but I can't dismiss this song, Koisuru Fortune Cookie, as it is a pretty good bop/

I'm keeping tabs on MNL48 on the noontime show, Showtime on the Philippine national TV network, ABS-CBN more because I'm a Japanophile and would want to see how this one turns out but not because I'm an AKB48/Akimoto groups' fan. I'm not really an AKB48 and/or general Akimoto groups' fan. I do like the two second generation of AKB48 girls from Team K though. They are Oshima Yuko and Akimoto Sayaka. I like the former because I was able to watch her in a jdrama that airs on Mondays (they are getsu jdramas, right? I forget what they're usually called...), Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyu (English translation: The Reason I Can't Find My Love), and the latter, because I found her to be charming in a reality talk show with one of my favorite Japanese actors, Chiba Yudai (since Tensou Sentai Goseiger, a super sentai series from eons ago). I haven't really been following both of these ladies since so I'm out of the loop as to their current gigs/activities.

I'm also not one for the really kawaii (cute!) Akimoto groups' stage outfits but I do like their hairstyles and hair accessories. The Japanese really do not disappoint where cuteness/kawaiiness is concerned with hair, clothes and the likes. They just know how to package their ladies in the entertainment business, looks-wise, without resorting to them going under the knife (plastic surgery, so to speak). This is what I like about the Japanese entertainment industry and why I prefer it to the South Korean entertainment industry I don't have much of a feel for. Looking at them through their live concert uploads on youtube make me want to stock up on a whole lot of the really cute, very random hair accessories. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment