Friday, January 12, 2018

january 5-11 luzvimin roadtrip photo diary

luzon leg: manaoag church's view from down the main street, a fiesta city mall in luzon (somewhere between Pangasinan and the NCR), Mayon volcano from a random road towards or in Legazpi City (Albay, Bicol), and the views around Cagsaua Ruins. 

visayas leg: molopolo beach by brgy. tabugon, lilo-an, southern leyte.

I felt short on the time spent in the mother's mother (maternal grandmother)'s place in Southern Leyte, Baranggay Tabugon in Lilo-an. Should've stayed there longer because the beaches there are really pretty, very beautiful and picturesque they remind me of the ones in Siquijor Island and Mantigue Island in Camiguin Island. Too bad the time we went to the beach after lighting candles at the ancestors' graves, it was getting dark, the waves were getting larger and stronger and the tide was getting higher. It would have been worth staying there the whole afternoon had we arrived in Tabugon earlier. We made it there around 4 in the afternoon just enough for a really late lunch and some catching up with the family members staying there. This is the ultimate highlight of the land trip for me. Not even Mayon Volcano, Cagsaua Ruins and the site of the Manaoag Church (I'm not that religious anymore, to be honest---an apatheist and humanist sectarian here...) can compare. I say this as a professional or about to be professional beach bum. Haha.

I packed enough for this trip but the Zalora romper, mixed berry skater skirt and secondhand Lowry's farm shorts ended up with the most use along with the zalora birkenstock-like men's slippers. I think this will be the clothes packing formula for me where beach trips for professional beach bumming are concerned. I'm definitely planning another trip to Leyte soon-ish. 

P.S.
The t in the last photo is secondhand/vintage/thrifted with a pepsi can and coca cola can duking it out on the print. LOL. It reminded me of Da-iCE Hanamura Sota's obsession with colas so I had to get it. I didn't even try to resist grabbing it when I got hold of it while browsing through one of many thrift stores in Dumaguete City way back when. This might be about 2 years old or so now.

No comments:

Post a Comment