Wednesday, January 24, 2018

it remains cold and gloomy most days of January

top, mixed berry in dumaguete city. jeans, zara (old, from 2-3 seasons ago). bag, giani bernini via macy's. boots, something borrowed via zalora.


Cropped and fitting is quickly becoming a favorite silhouette right up there with skintight skinnies when it comes to jeans. ....and you might be seeing me with jeans more often in this space for this year since I started the daily-ish personal style posts with one. Yeah...this won't be lasting for longer. I'll be back to wearing cutoffs/jean or denim shorts in a few days or so. It's tough to get out of wearing them and going for the ones that offer longer coverage of the legs when it's indian summer hot here 365 days a year. It's just...we've been having colder days still this month with another low pressure area on its way to our region.

To be quite honest, I'm not all too fond of the rubbery faux leather material this pair of boots are made of and have been thinking whether to return and get it exchanged for another rather more presentable pair that's not faux leather of this kind. Rubber-like faux leather or not, however, this seemed a good deal and would work for the rainy days so there's merit to keeping it rather than getting said pair exchanged. I'm pretty sure this pair will be worn out and all by the end of this year or so.

Music for the day (or night since it's night time here):
I have this on repeat for a long...while now. It's definitely addicting. A true ear candy. I'm becoming a Cube Entertainment (for Beast back in the day, some BtoB and some Pentagon), Around Us Entertainment (yay, Highlight!), and Woollim Entertainment (Infinite most of the time, Golden Child on some days but mostly for Sea) fan where South Korean pop, kpop is concerned. Speaking of kpop, I just watched a few of the documentary of Bigbang's latest world tour on E! News Asia and it failed to move me although I acknowledge generally how huge Bigbang is everywhere. It's just that...I'll stick with my Highlight and Infinite boys where kpop is concerned.

For the Jpop side of things, which is admittedly my first love since Globe's Feel Like Dance happened to me when I was little (think, really early 90s era electro-dance music), Da-iCE has just released Tokyo Merry Go Round single. So, yay! Clap. Clap. Unfortunately, the a-side had me feeling short as it reminds me of retro-AAA sound (think AAA's Kuchibiru Kara Romantica, Dangerous Gamble from the Way of Glory album of last year). I'm impartial to retro-sounding tracks. They're not really my favorite but they're alright to me so this was just a so-so a-side for me along with Watch Out and Everybody to name a few from Da-iCE's growing discography. I guess the longer you stay with a certain boy group with a fast growing discography, the more you realize there are just certain singles, full and mini albums that you think they'd be better off without or those you just least like. But you stick with them anyway because they continue to serve you good bops and some superb ballads here and there anyway. That's how I felt and continue to feel with AAA and now, it's how I felt (since three to four years after their debut as a boy group) and am feeling with Da-iCE. They are from the same entertainment company in Japan, Avex. The upside of TMGR single is...the b-side. When I don't like the a-side or main track of a single from this group, this follows with both AAA and lol as well, I default to the b-side or the coupling. The b-side or coupling is usually better when the a-side or main track of the single doesn't go down so well on a couple of listens. For TMGR, the couplings are: わるぐち(Waraguchi), a theme to a jdrama whose title escapes me, and the acoustic version of せつなくて(Setsunakute) from the I'll Be Back single of so long ago that is now sung by all 5 of the Da-iCE boys. I love わるぐち the most but others will refute this and say せつなくて here is better. I say both are alright, though. My personal bias just leans on わるぐち more where sound quality is concerned pitting all the contents of this single with each other with. I know, redundant and confusing, that last statement is.

Hmn...I'm beginning to think I picked the wrong date to make a Zalora purchase since the End of the Season Sale is still ongoing where the prices have gone even lower from before... From this time until the 28th of this month of January, one only has to spend 1,500 Php to get 15% off (using the code: END15) or spend a minimum of 2,000 Php to get 25% off (using the code: END25).  No matter. I'll take advantage of the next sales some other time. They have items on sale that's worth looking into from time to time anyway so it's okay to not be looking into sales like these (though they, too are worth it...) at this time. This is what I find fun when stalking stuff at Zalora from time to time...


No comments:

Post a Comment