Wednesday, June 28, 2017

whenever i don't feel like thinking of anything

 t, disney. shorts/denim cutoffs, vintage. flats, fulfilled (?) (really a gift from an aunt). clutch, also a gift from an aunt. cap, bobdog.

There are days, well...in this case, 2 weeks tops, when I get tired of thinking about clothes. And since this is my personal space slash blog, I probably shouldn't apologize from my looooong absence here or something... But anyway, today's outfit is an extension of the two long weeks where I didn't want to think of putting myself together fashionably...err...stylishly, whichever works, at the start of every day. A statement (-ish?) t works best on those days and hence why I am in this, a Disney shirt. I'm a fan of the mouse, as in Mickey though I've only seen bits and pieces of his cartoon on Disney Channel. Growing up, it was Sesame Street for me because we didn't have cable then but it was around high school or early college when I got into everything Disney, especially Mickey. There's High School Musical too at the time but Mickey is so much more recognizable, still. Some of my best friends growing up collected everything Hello Kitty or some other Sanrio characters---this is still the Asian continent after all---but for some reason, everything Mickey Mouse attracts me. It must be because the mouse can fit in well with whichever gender wears pieces designed after him. Hmn...I do suspect I have the urge to wear this one shirt constantly because Da-iCE's Kudo Taiki is endorsing a similar Mickey Mouse print shirt on instagram and a fashion magazine... I'm an out and out, vocal fan of Taiki's personal style so...figures. Haha. He has the type of closet I'd raid in a heartbeat...if I had access to it. I just wish though...

What do I do when I don't want to think of clothes, style, fashion? I wallow in everything fandom...err...pop culture. The past two weeks or so, it's the kpop group, Highlight (하이라이트). Whoop whoop! My first kpop group I casually stan! I can't hardcore stan anything or anyone as I'm just a casual music enthusiast/listener. Music is first for me, gimmick is often second so I am the type to stick to the ones that I know deliver the goods day in and day out, case in point, my fave Avex groups: lol (エルオーエル), AAA (though just sometimes? I don't know either...they've been an on/off interest for me lately), Da-iCE and SOLIDEMO. Now there's Highlight (하이라이트), the sixtet that now has become a quintet since last year, that was once upon a time called Beast (also stylized B2ST). I was revisiting Let's Eat with My Friend, that travel and eating reality tv show attached to the kdrama Let's Eat 2, two weeks ago for reasons unknown...I caught it first on TVN in bits and pieces...well...one reason may have been because I recently caught the tail end of Highlight (하이라이트)'s I Can See Your Voice season 4 episode and ended up in love...deep like? with them as a group. In case you're going to ask, yes, I have watched about every episode of Weekly Idol with them in it...they're so much fun to watch. So, so, so, so much fun to watch it takes the gloominess, depression and such away, at bay. Anyway, today, I'm currently watching Yoseob's Oh My School episodes. That one is one hilarious variety show, thank heavens for english subbed episodes at Dramanice. My head may just burst from trying to comprehend things being said in Hangul/South Korean should there be no english subs to these things---experienced it while watching Jun Hyung's Hitmaker with that one MC whose name I keep forgetting who's also in Weekly Idol---and I ended up crying inside, telling myself my head processes Japanese/Nihonggo better than it does this particular east asian language in raw form. I don't really have any plans of learning the language. Japanese/Nihonggo is enough for me to deal with when it comes to foreign languages and maybe French at times as well, but mostly just Japanese/Nihonggo. I update myself lately with every kpop as regularly as possible but I'm beginning to feel like this is one strange, really dramatic circus to the one I'm used to, jpop everything so one day, I see myself stopping this habit altogether and sticking to the more familiar things (to me). We'll see... Anyway, Highlight (하이라이트) music, what little they have out yet, is really good. Like, so good. Sleep Tight is my current favorite. I love that they started on their re-rookie-dom with a really fun song, 얼굴 찌푸리지 말아요 (English translation: Plz Don't Be Sad). But I don't discount their work as Beast/B2st, too. I'm still crazy about Beautiful, YeY and now, Midnight Sun. They've been as consistent in releasing boppy everything as Da-iCE and their ballads hardly disappoint as well, I count Sleep Tight as a ballad though it has hints of alt rock in it especially around Yoseob's singing (you could tell easily I am Yoseob-biased...well...yeah...). I prefer their bops to their ballads outside of Sleep Tight more however. Anyway, I could go on and on about this and get people reading this bored so I'll stop here for now, I guess.

It's quite a surprise I like a group in South Korea now when I prefer their jpop counterparts more. I get around to certain things/fields on my own that I used to not like/sort of hate way, way before. This is why I don't write off a lot of things so easily because I know in the end, something or a part of those will later come to get me around regarding how I think or view them as a whole.

Anyway, who's excited about Asia's Next Top Model season 5 ending tonight? It's the top three! I just caught up with it late last week. I want Maureen from our own country to win but I feel like it'll be Shikin (I'm not a big fan of Tu...much...). Yep. I'll watch the finale's replay tomorrow morning. I hardly stay up past 10 or 9 these days. Starworld airs it at 9 p.m.

I'll try to post regularly this week and especially in the next few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment