Sunday, August 3, 2014

Jpop recc: White Jam

(image from http://www.cdbanq.com/White-Jam--Natsu-Nante-Japan-CD-UMCK-5478_p_157138.html)

Currently listening to this on a lazy Sunday afternoon after having gone to my younger brother's family day at the high school I graduated from. I'd rather really not remember much of my high school years because it was more boring than fun. It's a rather lazy Sunday we're having and I should probably be somewhere with a book to read by now. I have a few things to study before September comes around and I would be in Dumaguete City again by then to try to finish the Masters course.

White Jam music is pretty chill and 夏なんて (Natsu Nante) is one summer-perfect anthem. Listening to the whole single minus 夏なんて's karaoke version feels like watching a concert of theirs or listening to radio show though I only really understand a little of what they're saying. Skip and シロセ塾校歌 ~夏合宿Ver.~ feat.シロセ塾講師&塾生 are perfect for lazy afternoons. They're your typical chill music. They're even worth listening to at night, as you go to sleep.

I don't recall being this enthusiastic about urban/hiphop/rap, r&b music. It used to not really be my kind in the distant past but now I'm hugely into it which is kind of surprising. I guess, my being into this type of music is all thanks to Jpop...and Kreva for wonderful Japanese rap music which is completely different from the many western music of this kind I've come across with in the past (late 90's to early 2000s). It takes me awhile to warm up to a lot of new genres of music and new artists but with White Jam (and Vimclip and Da-iCE), getting into their music was quite easy. Much of theirs are pretty catchy and modern. I'm also currently digging into a lot of electronic dance music lately so that explains Vimclip and Da-iCE among others. (Calvin Harris, Avici, etc for western EDM.) 

(image from http://wowcdo.com/cdo-fiesta/higalaay-kagay-festival-2014-schedule-activities-higalaaycdo/)

August. It's that time of the year for us, Kagay-anons. So much festivities bu I'm probably only going to participate with the marathon, the 3K run one with dad if I can get him to sign up for it with me. It sounds fun. It also means I need to start training for it ASAP. I'm also thinking of watching the fashion shows lined up from August 8-10. We'll see. 2014 looks like a fine time for the fiesta or something. I haven't been home for the last one but I'm here now so might as well get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment