Tuesday, January 28, 2020

too early for valentines' day

dress, Zalora (old and was on sale at the time); etched bracelets/bangles, old F21 and souvenir shop ones (from Dumaguete City and Siquijor Island); clutch, Chanel (pretty sure this isn't authentic but I wouldn't know either, I suck at authenticating these things); shoes, Primadonna via Zalora; necklaces, random buy somewhere from the local market; choker, Verano via Zalora

Did you miss this one gate? Well...I did, too! Just as much as I missed randomly styling stuff so I'm bringing it back now! It's not really a wall but well, there's nowhere else to shoot good outfit photos here other than this one and ideally around 5 in the afternoon, too. Anyway...off topic. Let's get back on track.

Story time: this dress was actually a random, last minute buy prior for the October 2019 Taipei trip. From my feeble memory (my short term one sucks, don't be surprised), I bought this dress with these Primadonna shoes. I remember taking advantage of the 11.11 sale for these and an eyeliner from BLK. The color was the reason why I decided to get this. I figured my closet badly needed something dusty rose? But when I look at it now, the frills feel not so me. Or does it? Yeah, I'm not really one into frills this much. Good thing they're just around the middle and the bottom parts. The polka dot print isn't that bad, it's very fine you won't notice it here in the photos for one. But I don't really wear a lot of polka dotted clothes so I'm not a very good judge on that one either.

The Chanel clutch? It's an ancient find and I'm not sure it's authentic either. Pretty sure it isn't. I decided then and there to buy this one along with a chained one that's fallen apart at the bottom part the minute I saw the lady carry them with her. Possibly to put them on display. This was in a thrift store I loved going to at the city center waaaayy, way back. Sadly, they've closed now.

And yes, that's a pair of ear cuffs I scored from Taipei Main Station's basement mall during my trip there last October. I'd like to get more of these so I'm hoping for another Taipei trip soon, but mostly just for shopping. Along with this one came a ring that's for the middle part of the forefinger or so. It's a layering kind. And I'd like to get more of those as well. 

I don't really regret getting the dress. It's just that I may not be able to wear it as often. I'm back to looking for the right time to wear things like this one again. Ah well... It does look nice, rather, better with the boho details like the dream catcher necklace, though.

More Taipei trip backlogs coming in the next few days. Sorry, I am rarely home right after work, mine ends early so I'd have enough time for shoots like this and more blog post constructing but I end up spending most of my free time out with a friend from work. I'm...I've decided I'm only going out with friends on weekends and on some holidays rather than the weekdays in between, after week, so expect more posts to come, yes!

Random things from today:
  • went to the grocery store near work for a tiny bit of vegan haul consisting of vegan butter coconut biscuits and a tiny block of tofu
  • dropped by a nearby convenience store for a bottle of soymilk. I currently have a favorite brand that's just made locally around my place
  • while walking on the way to where I would ride home, some random guy told me to take off my earphones because he thought I wouldn't be able to hear the cars/vehicles' honking at me. I think this one's an old RTA. Unfortunately, I don't care much about that. I put on the earphones because I normally don't want to interact with people around while I'm out nor do I want to be bothered like that. Also, I'm fully capable of caring for myself while walking to wherever, please and thank you.

Just your regular boring stuff. Yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment