Wednesday, November 17, 2021

on wednesdays, we wear bits and pieces of pink!

 

plaid button up shirt, thrifted; tank, old and thrifted; pink tube bra, gifted by an aunt; cosmetics bag (it's not a clutch bag, lol), victoria's secret and still gifted by an aunt; shorts, old forever21; heels, primadonna via zalora philippines; rings, mix of forever21, aizilim cdeo, and bagel girl in SM Downtown Premier CdeO; bracelets, aizilim cdeo and gifted by aunt (rosegold and used to peach-pink somehow); sunglasses, gifted by my bff Michi/JM from some Christmases ago (also a bit pink)

I got caught by the rain so I couldn't shoot outside for this #KakamPinkWednesday thing on social media (I only do this on Twitter and Instagram, facebook, wuh?! I don't know facebook. lol.) and these pictures, because I shot them inside while it's raining out, don't do justice to the things I'm wearing here.

I SWEAR the plaid shirt has some pink on it, fuchsia pink, even! Which is, by the way, the shade the supporters of our VP Leni for #halalan2022 (2022 Philippine National Elections) has adopted. It just looks black or dark here due to the lack of better lighting.

These blurry photos, though, seem to capture the bits of fuchsia pink on this thrifted number thing. I got it a couple or three weeks ago when I last went out to do stuff. I haven't gotten out since and won't be going out at all until sometime tomorrow or Friday to do stuff, run some errands.


There is a reason why I don't have a lot of pink in my closet and it's not that it's an undesirable color for me. The only color I haven't really been wearing much anywhere is purple or violet and it's my grandmother's favorite color---it just ceased being my favorite color over time. It's that there's one color I love more than pink and the clue of it is on the phone I'm holding and my clothes: blue. I'm a huge fan of blue and shabby chic interior and exterior styling at home plus everything that has to do with the sea so I find people who deck their rooms with everything pink just, err, mad most of the time. So basically, it's just because we have this #KakamPinkWednesdays thing going on leading to #halalan2022 that I'm stocking up on pink stuff. lol.

So now you know...my christmas gifts wishlist right now contains a lot of things pink. Haha.

*****
Anyone else who has been following Philippine politics on twitter and especially through the #KakamPink and #KakamPinkWednesdays hashtags or trends however should know wearing pink is not the only thing we can do now. Yes, we can do that too, a lot, to make sure to grab more attention and direct them towards our VP and all the rest she's endorsing and those running with her. We can also do things as little as just being kind to people---basically things that can also mean the color pink: loving people, being kind to people and more. I won't call it radical love but something close, just being decent to people and being your decent self everywhere.

So I did one #KakamPink thing and that's to give one extra tote bag I got from the Dapat si Leni (it should be Leni) merch store to my closest confidante here at home, my Ate Tata. She's our kasambahay or househelp who has been with us for a long time and I consider her more a sister than just that. I actually got two of these tote bags of the same design, the Husay at Tibay one, and I was looking to give away the extra to someone else and it just so happened she's the closest I can give it to so it's an advanced Christmas gift from me to her now. 

I'm looking to buy more of these to mostly give away but I'll wait to stock up on more when I've gone back to earning regularly again from writing, editing and proofreading mostly.

As for the stuff I got from the said merch store, I have a separate post for that I'm still working on I'll be posting sometime this weekend or next week. The soonest that will be going live here will be on Friday or Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment