Saturday, October 14, 2017

something versatile, something handmade and a bit on vispop

top, something borrowed via zalora (similar here). shorts, tally weijl. bag, gift from aunt. heels, zalora. black braided headband, diy-ed/handmade.
  
A versatile top makes for many fun outfits and is well worth the price. Although I admittedly got it on sale then along with another top of the lace detailed kind, in the same solid black color. I got this two years ago or so, maybe three and still I've yet to exhaust its uses. Many a blog post on here like this one which is the most recent and this from last year, I think (?), where this has been good to use so far so that proves this piece's versatility. 

As for the headband, I made this with others of its kind to give away for Christmas to people as gifts. I like how the black stands out with the bleached and color creamed hair to the point that I don't mind keeping this color of the hair despite the massive damage it has brought to it. Apparently, there's no saving my hair at the moment...but the moisturizing shampoos and conditioners I use seem to liven it up a very tiny bit so there's that, at least.

And, I have been chilling to this today:
 
I'm not really a huge fan of regular Filipino/Tagalog OPM. Although, say, I grew up listening to Eraserheads and Rivermaya, aunts and uncles were fans in their hay days, OPM never really stuck to me growing up. Instead of OPM in the 90s for instance, I wallowed in western boyband music courtesy of groups like the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Westlife, Boyzone and more. But since having attended a music festival that's a regular annual event in Dumaguete City, I've become a fan of really local, as in regional pop music here in the Bisaya region. The only problem stanning this kind of music is that it never reaches national levels of popularity and instead, they are found in spotify (maybe, I'm not sure since I don't use this...weirdly, I might be the only one not using spotify...yet), youtube and well, in just the locale. In CD form, they're definitely not easily found in the music and video chain stores. Good thing I was able to score a CD compilation of songs featured on the music festival I attended with a friend, then. It was 200 Php well-spent as I still have the CD in the bedroom. The event is called the "Belltower Project," and I am pretty sure it is still going on once a year since it's launching. There is not much known on the music of this kind and it's really only heard of in this region but I'm finding really good music here and I hope the genre or type of music gets known nationally in the long run. There is still such a long way to go before that happens.
Vispop is pretty inventive. This one is giving me really chill deep house vibes for instance. Just the kind of music I like to chill to during the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment