Wednesday, October 21, 2020

today's necessities

 


All of these, you can probably consider as COVID 19 or the Novel Corona Virus (do we still call it that, though?) protection starter kit. I've been working on collating things like these that are actually Philippine-made because, you know, the best thing to do nowadays where recession is everywhere, is to support everything local. This is the only thing that can keep our countries' respective economies afloat.

I only ever buy made in China things very rarely now. Only when I see there's no other way but to do so. Everything else I go for from everyday necessities like these to skin care and beauty products are all Philippine-made therefore making them Pro-Philippines, Pro-Environment and Pro-Poor. 

Anyway, onto the items on this list:

1. MEDIPLUS Disposable 3 Layers Face Mask 

I think I bought this one at Php 299 but still, it's quite a good price for 50 masks in a box. It's gotten cheaper now since it came out, yes. I got mine for the family from Lazada Philippines because they can now conveniently link your shopping account to your Gcash account, if you have one, and thereby makes it easier for one to purchase anything.


2. & 3. 3 PCS Washable Cotton Plus Organic Face Mask in WHITE, also available in BLACK here 

I'm still contemplating getting this one in both colors. My dad brought home a mask that's of this kind that's made in China for my mom and I sometime ago but I never really used it. So this is something I'd rather get, also for the family. If one at least gets a pack each, that'd be 6 masks in total for the family already. 

Oh, and also, feel free to follow Cotton Plus NCR on Lazada Philippines for more of these great Philippine-made products that keep us all safe from contracting the virus, yes!


4. 10 PCS Sterling Premium Face Shields 

Bought about three of these when news broke out that we're all going to required to use face shields when going outside. It took a while to get to where I am but I was able to get all three so it's all good. Plus it's quite durable and can last a while with multiple uses so it's definitely good value for money.

Sterling is generally known here in the Philippines as a stationery brand. They sell mostly notebooks, paper and more. But that they've turned to making face shields as well and I saw that they now also make face masks, the single use, disposable kind, so well...yeah, they're doing their part to help out more now as well. Might as well support them, too. Their face masks are kind of pricey at Php 390 compared to Mediplus's that's below Php 250 right now but still worth getting if you're thinking of supporting our local producers and makers for these things.


5. Printed Disposable Masks, also available in non-patterned but different colored here 

If you're bored of the usual blue on the outside and white on the inside face masks then you're going to like these in pretty blue and multi-colored patterns and in different colors.

Materials that are used to make this may be from South Korea but they are manufactured here in the Philippines. So if you'd like to support the Filipinos on their team to make these, then go for these. They'd break the monotony of using the using blue and white ones, yes, and make wearing masks less boring outside.

I'm thinking of getting these in pink or yellow next since they're about the same price I got the Mediplus ones in. Yeah, must make the most of the money I have on Gcash.


6. Indoplas, Disposable masks for only Php 99 a box of 50 or so pieces here.

They're in Shopee and I haven't really ordered much from Shopee for a long while now although I have been thinking so for just as long. The thing with Shopee is that I got used to ordering from it using COD (cash on delivery) payment method. I don't think they allow Paymaya or Gcash still, in there. But it seems now, they do allow online bank transfers or so which is good. Credit card payments as well. So let's all see how this goes. It still holds however that unlike Lazada, they still do not have the convenience of allowing customers and sellers alike to link their Gcash accounts, if they have any, to their accounts on site. Where selling and buying is concerned, I've been volleying between using Gcash, Paymaya and online payments more so that I don't have to carry a lot of cash with me. Haha. It's just, much more convenient, to be honest. It's good that we have a lot of options now for online payments than anything, yes. Bottom line, I need to explore Shopee more.

So yes, let's go to Indoplas. Indoplas is a company that makes or manufactures medical tools. So if you go to their Shopee page, you'll find that they have a lot of those. If I'd continued being a nurse way back when I first started college, I'd've had this one bookmarked. But coming from a family of mostly medical practitioners or health care givers, I've had them bookmarked now or followed, I guess, since I discovered them there recently. They usually manufacture medical tools. So given that they are such, it's no surprise they priced a box of their disposable masks at Php 99. It's the cheapest I found on this sort. I'm also sorely tempted to get their electric thermometer or automatic thermometer. It seems to be of Japan quality which is tons better than the China made ones and priced just right...hmn...we'll see.


On a side note, I've thought about 3M products too and was of the impression that some 3M products are manufactured here. I just...happen to not have a lot of information on that one yet but I'll get back to y'all here on that one, one day soon.


Honorable mentions or, more accurately put, some bonus items not on the photo above:

7.  KN95 face masks in 10s, 30s and more

While crafting this post, I looked up DecoPro, the maker of these KN95 masks online and yes, they are Philippines-based. Some of the reviews on the page for this one do not look promising but hopefully, the more people patronize their product, the more they can improve on it. 

If you find the usual disposable, medical grade masks uncomfortable because it does hardly offer the right fit (it's fine for me, though, I only use it for hours while outside anyway) for some and the ear loops can be, well, flimsy for some, you can always go for this KN95 that likely offers better fit.


8. Island Souvenir shirt with free washable mask 

I've already ordered my 3rd washable fabric mask from elsewhere but THIS IS just GREAT value for money. I love Island Souvenir stuff even though they can skew towards the expensive side when one buys them in store. Their t-shirts are of good quality---really soft and light to wear, so, soooo comfortable---and I'm looking to stock up on some, particularly this one on the link on number 8. Cool, minimalist-ish design plus free washable facemask for under 200 Php? Yes, I'd get this one in a heartbeat. Maybe, err...one day soon. I still need to stock up on some white shirts, mostly v-necks since I have a lot of round necks already. I'm not really that much into printed shirts but I'd been easing into them as of late.


And that's it for this post. Yes...please, PLEASE do support local despite China-made products being very sellable these days due to their cheaper, more competitive prices. WE NEED TO KEEP OUR NATIONAL ECONOMY AFFLOAT and we need to support our own Filipino makers, workers and more. Even if one has to spend so much on something that's Filipino-made, keep in mind that it's worth it because someone that's also Filipino had a hand in making it and thereby know that quality we are looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment