Sunday, November 8, 2015

like in spain but not really


Middle of last week was for a number of things: errands in the vast metropolis up north (I was running around Metro Manila with the family) and a quick vacation in Bagac, Bataan, where some of my mother's relatives had a house by the sea in. Beautiful, ideal place to live in but the local language, Tagalog, isn't exactly my first language. The place isn't for me.

On the upside, we were able to check out the new resort called Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. Participating in the day tour there with a superb tourist guide was pretty much like living how the ilustrados and other sorts of Filipinos of the past lived.

I was this close to getting a couple of trinkets from a shop by the resort's playroom before I stopped myself, telling myself I didn't have a lot with me. Oh, and this one shop in one of the houses by the resort's entrance had pretty tempting organic products although they really cost a lot more than my usual brand: Human Heart Nature. When I was told the after-sun spray I picked up cost Php 1, 200, I noped out of there quickly. The packaging of what they sold in there were pretty and marketable but price-wise, I suppose even Healthy Options (which, by the way now has a branch open here in Cagayan de Oro, in our own Ayala Centrio) have cheaper stuff than those. Personally, I'd still go with Human Heart Nature. The only thing purchased in there were 6-7 pieces of their self-baked pan de coco and a jar of cashew cookies. I only consumed a tiny bit of the latter. The cookies can be washed away by tea, yep. Yum.

shirt, skirt and bag, vintage/thrifted; necklace, from a souvenir shop in Dumaguete City; slip-ons, Footstep in Dumaguete City

No comments:

Post a Comment